At the iamoneworld event (April 23, Seats2Meet, Utrecht) one of the highlights was ‘XL’. In this presentation Bart Rutten puts the iamoneworld project in an art-historical perspective.
Examples of land art, performance art, video art, and contemporary art ideas like ‘mapping’ and ‘locative media’ are part of the presentation.
The full title:
‘XL – Examples of art works & art projects of XL size or duration’
A presentation of art-historical links related to the iamoneworld project.
Bart Rutten is an art historian and a specialist in the domain of film- and video art. Since 2008 he works as a curator at the Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam. Every month he also presents an item about contemporary art on Dutch national television.
The XL presentation lasts 22 minutes. Filmed by Punkmedia, it can be viewed online now, including english subtitles.
Part 1 [13.43 min.] contains works of the following artists:
- Richard Serra (Sight Point, 1971-1975)
- Walter de Maria (Apollo’s Extacy, 1990 + Lightning Field, 1977)
- Robert Smithson (Spiral Jetty, 1970)
- Richard Long
- Vito Acconci (Following, 1969)
- Marina Abramovic & Ulay (The Lovers, 1988)
- Gerry Schum (Fernsehgalerie, 1967-1970)
- Bas Jan Ader (In Search of the Miraculous, 1975)
- Absalon (Six Cells Project, 1990-1993)
Part 2 [8.13 min.] contains works of the following artists:
- Joep van Lieshout (Mobile Homes, 1997)
- Joost Conijn (Wood Car, 2002)
- Rirkrit Tiravanija (On the road with Jiew, Jeaw, Jieb, Sri and Moo, 1998)
- Esther Polak
- Piero Manzoni (Socle du Monde, 1961)
XL – 1 [For HD video, click play, go to 360p and click 720p. For full screen video, click arrows on the right]
XL – 2 [For HD video, click play, go to 360p and click 720p. For full screen video, click arrows on the right]
Your response is warmly welcomed below.